lundi 25 mai 2009

My friends...

I was in the National Gallery today, walking around when I decided to meet up with a very old friend of mine. He is not your typical friend, but he is really good fun none the less, Paolo Ucello’s painting, “Saint George and the Dragon”. He wasn’t in a very good mood today because apparently, the Security guard that was meant to be on watch fell asleep which allowed a couple of young brats to poke and make grimaces at my disabled friend. Well, you know, poor thing he has no arms or legs and he is made out of wood...(I often teased him about this). Nonetheless, we gossiped for a good hour or so. He told me the Duccios were in a huge fight with the Botticellis, the latter made a silly joke about the formers not containing any linear perspective, and that got them heated up. We gossiped some more, and then I found out something very surprising, he told me, that one of the Rembrandts told him (who’s identity he refused to reveal, sworn to secrecy), that apparently, Titian’s, “The Farnese Family” was involved secretly with one of the Da Vinci sketches. Who would of thought, a member from the Venetian school of Colore associating intimately with a member of its enemy family, the Florentine school of Disegno. Well, you know, times are changing I guess, and who’s to stop them. But really, who would have thought…Ah! A typical Romeo and Juliet story. The Ucello shared my thoughts exactly. Also, I never imagined the art world to go through the same gang fights and quarrels that we go through in the human world. I thought at least they might be more civilised. The Ucello told me I could not be more wrong. Just yesterday, he and his neighbour, Ucello painting, “The Battle of San Romano” had been verbally abused and threatened by, again those lowlife Botticellis (They seem to be the main bullying group here). They were told to stop claiming that they were originally intended for the Medicis, or else…I decided that the National Gallery was in fact not the peaceful place I thought it once was, just like the world outside it, violence and anger had set up camp. I guess this happens with anything human or made by humans. The Ucello enthusiastically concurred. After saying goodbye I decided to go and meet up with another friend. This one has arms and legs and blood and a brain, Marya. I told her about the gossip I had found out from the Ucello, and to my dismay she did not at all seem shocked. She said that in this day and age nothing surprised her anymore.

Aucun commentaire: